Sunday, January 29, 2012

FAL Finish #1: Halloween Mini

I finished sewing the binding on this Friday night (when I should have been in bed, oops!). While this sort of item isn't high on my list of priorities after rethinking things, I couldn't justify putting it away when it was so close to being finished. Now I can put it with my other fall decor though and be able to put it to use right away. Ah, there was a pretty big sigh of relief over here.


Halloween Mini

Since this little mini is reversible, there isn't a real front or back. The quilting is just some meandering over the whole piece. I bound it in premade double fold bias tape and machine stitched the binding on. I think I'm getting better at it but still prefer the look of hand sewn binding.


Halloween Mini

At least it's done and now I have only four more things to tick off of my FAL list. The project on my sewing machine right now isn't a part of that list though, but I'm really enjoying working on it. I'm doing some creative FMQ on my Swoon mini and am hoping to finish it soon. Also need to flesh out some ideas for my swap partners.

Happy Sunday to you!

5 comments:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Totally Spookrific! Love that it's reversible.

Cindy Sharp said...

Ghastlie! And oh so much fun. Congratulations!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is great - I don't know which side I like best. I love the way the orange works with the greys :)

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Such a fun, little quilt. Both sides are fantastic!!! You've matched your fabrics well.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Gorgeously Ghastlie! Love it Katie! And can't wait to see your Swoon mini. I am getting ready to start a Swoon, too. Couldn't resist anymore! Hope you have a great week.
xo
Kelli