Saturday, October 1, 2011

More Swedish Weaving

Hello to everyone stopping over from Lily's Quilts! If you want to know more about me, I have posted a bit before, or you can feel free to ask questions.



Small Blog Meet

I know I posted late last night about my little Swedish Weaving work, but I already finished the embroidery.



Swedish Weaving WIP




Swedish Weaving WIP


All that I have left to do with it is hem the sides of the towel (mostly to hide the ends of the floss, the edges are selveges) and make fringe. This will not be my last experience with Swedish Weaving. I need to pick up some more materials and will be back at it.

The rest of my day is going to be spent finishing my ceramics project and then some quality time with Chad this evening. It's been a long week for both of us so we decided to do nothing later but be together and watch a movie.

I hope your Saturday is going well!

10 comments:

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

Your stitching is amazing!

Toni said...

Katie, that's awesome! I've honestly never heard of Swedish weaving, but I'll have to look into it!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

That's fab!

Rebecca Lynne said...

D-R-0-0-L. Yes Please. So, um, we are going to do a swap at some point and you are So sending me one of these. Just sayin'

Kleep said...

Oh mylanta that looks like it was a lot of work. How lovely though. Just thought it was kinda funny, on the small blog meet I, Kate, lined up between Katie and Katie.

Katie said...

Hi Kate, I too haven't heard of swedish weaving - it looks a lot more sofisticated and beautiful than the name... I'm looking forward to exploring it too :)
the other Katie

Cille said...

Very pretty... I have a lot of old Swedish embroidery pattern passed down from a line of great stitchers but I have never seen this. Very pretty. Your stitches are perfect.

Stephanie Nagano said...

Very nice! I look forward to seeing more of your craftyness, as I'm a new follower! Found you on the blog meet :D

Jules said...

Wow that Swedish Weaving is amazing

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I've never heard of Swedish weaving. It is magnificent!!! Found your great blog via Lily's small Blog meet and am now following. Looking forward to reading more about your sewing.