Monday, November 26, 2012

Miscellany

My vacation ends today and I start my new job tomorrow. I have loved being home and able to work on whatever I want but I'm starting to lose track of what day it is. I didn't get everything done on my list but the major things are finished. My creative space is completely reorganized, with everything in its place. That was the biggie and it feels so good to have it done.

One thing I had been meaning to do for months was cut up my old Kona color card. I had won the one in a giveaway and instead of tossing the old one, I thought I should cut it up as another way to make use of it. Now I can easily see if the solids themselves go well together, which was the biggest downside to having them in card form. Best of both worlds now!

Color Card

I also have put together a few prizes for Giveaway Day that starts next week on Sew Mama Sew. Be sure to check back for it then. This week I will be taking photographs and writing up the posts.


There are a couple things going on in blogland that I'm looking forward to in the new year. The first is the return of Project Quilting. I tried to play along last time Kim ran it and only managed to complete one week. This season I am shooting to finish each week. If you are looking to expand your creativity through quilting, I highly recommend participating. Today she posted an off season challenge to warm up for the start in January. The time frame to finish it is two weeks instead of the usual one. I have been brainstorming a bit today and will share my progress as it comes along.

The other thing is a quilt-a-long that is already in progress. It's the Bee In My Bonnet Row Along and you may have heard of it. I recently did and am putting off joining until January in order to finish up some other projects. This looks like the perfect project to jump into scrappy quilting. I have long admired scrap projects but haven't been able to push myself into letting go in order to create one of my own. I'm looking forward to it and am fighting the urge to pull fabrics for it.

Hope your weekend was well spent. See you again soon!

1 comment:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Good luck at your first day of work!