Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Adobe Shawl Finished

I've been following a few mystery knit-a-longs on Ravelry and finally decided to join in with everyone instead of waiting until it is over. The pattern that changed my mind is Adobe. I saw the photos of the first clue and wanted to dive in.

A couple skeins of madelinetosh Tosh Sport came my way and I was off. This knit up so quickly and was interesting enough not to get boring. The designer described it as an architectural knit, which you can see in the sharp angles of the edges.

Adobe Shawl

I was very pleased with the length when it came off the needles and then when blocking it grew some more. It came out to 80" from tip to tip. Perfect for wrapping it the way I have it in these photos. I like scoop and v-neck shirts and in the fall, this is a great way to keep me warm and still allow me to wear my favorite tops.

Adobe Shawl

Chad even made positive comments on it and he usually doesn't have much to say about what I am knitting.

I wanted to take photos in a different place than normal in town so I headed over to the old power plant. I grew up in the neighborhood where it is located and it has been a part of my mind's landscape my entire life. This location was shut down years ago and there was talk of tearing it down. Nothing has been done to the main structure, but a tall tower was demolished. I wish I could get inside the fence to explore it some more but that is unlikely to happen (legally anyway). I have it in mind to head back there to try to take other images while it is still standing.

Adobe Shawl

When taking these photos it started to snow so the images are not the best. My camera kept changing focus on the flakes in many of the images and I eventually had to head home because it was coming down pretty good. So yes, the image of me with my eyes closed (and glasses on because I didn't slip them off) isn't ideal but will do.

The same designer of this one has another mystery pattern for this month that I have started on. Hopefully I keep up and have another great knit to share in early December.

1 comment:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

It's beautiful, Katie!!! It looks like the wool is quite fine.