I'm going to start with the new before moving to the old. Today I finished up Chad's first vest. The biggest challenge with this was finding time when both of us were home in order to fit and work on placement of the pockets. I also finished hemming a silk scarf (complete pain in the butt, by the way). The inspiration is western wear and the scarf will be worn in that style.
The is made with a cotton twill picked up at Joann's and interlined with flannel for extra body and warmth. The buttons took forever to sew on because of all the layers. I had to break out a thimble to push my needle through. These are just temporary buttons until the ones he bought online arrive. He wanted buttons like you find on jeans and Joann's just doesn't have anything like them.
As for the FAL, so far I have only completed one of the five projects I have as my goal. In some regards that may not sound bad, but considering how quickly that one was to finish once I started it, it's pretty sad. I am aiming to have one more done (just being realistic here) and any that I don't finish will go on the second quarter's list.
Like Rhonda, I would love to be UFO free at the end of the year. To extend that even further, I would love to have all the projects, but unfinished and not even started, done. So all the projects I currently have materials for need to wind up done. I've been tossing it around in my head to
I hope you have a great weekend! I will be back tomorrow with more school projects.