Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday Mish Mash

I love Thursday's for Thursday Think Tank hosted by Making Rebecca Lynne. It gives me a great excuse to post a bunch of random things together and call it good. Thank you, Becca! She doesn't have her post up yet, but since she is a working mother also making another baby, I know we can all give her some slack. ;)

After reading this article, I am so glad I "deleted" my Facebook. ("Delete" because it doesn't really go anywhere if you log back in. Sigh.) If I had not already done so this would be the nail in the coffin.

I had a few packages arrive yesterday that I'm pretty excited to have. First up is some fat quarters from Etsy. Of course I had to buy the dogs. I've been trying to hunt that print down for some time and it's always so expensive.


New Fabrics

Last week Becca posted some fabrics she was looking at for her new baby. One of which was a print I had bookmarked mentally to buy to make a skirt/dress from. Because I didn't want to forget again and had some extra spending money, I decided to hunt it down. It was hard to find but luckily Hart's Fabric had some. It's a very soft double gauze and I cannot wait to have time to pick out a pattern. The raspberry double gauze also jumped into my cart.


Double Gauze Yardare

If you haven't heard of Hart's Fabric before, do check them out. Not only do they have a wide variety of fabrics and other items, but they ship so quickly. It took two days for my package to arrive, versus the week plus that I've been waiting on my order from Fabric.com. In fact, still waiting for that box to arrive as it has solids for quite a few projects.

I also bought a few contact press frames off of eBay. The 8x10" frame arrived and I can't wait to use it. It's a great tool to develop the cyanotypes that I've been working on. Since I love developing them, I figured this investment would be a good thing. I will be sharing more of what I've been doing with this Saturday.


Front of 8x10 Contract Press Frame




Back of 8x10 Contact Press Frame

And finally, Rachel's Curve Class started yesterday. She suggested we could do a little post about it and link up. I feel pretty comfortable with curves and what sold me on this class were the projects she created. I'm excited for her tips as well as she has been sewing some great items for her blog. We start officially next Monday so expect some posts on what I create from this class in the future!

I'm dreadfully behind on reading blogs and responding to e-mails. I do check them on my phone but do not like using it to reply unless it's something urgent. Nevertheless, I will catch up again this weekend.

Hope your Thursday is treating you well!

3 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Enjoyed your post, Katie! :o) Looking forward to seeing what you do with all of those fabrics. Yum! xo

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love the dogs and deer fabric. I don't use facebook much but I don't have much personal info on it any way so I'll reserve judgement. What do you think of google + ? Happy Thursday!

Sequana said...

Thx for the nice intro to us Curves Classers. I'm adding you to my Reader 'cause I'm interested in seeing your cyanotypes.

Nice to meet you.