Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mini Wrenches

I finished another stash project! And another mini quilt. I am becoming addicted to these.

This one is from a pattern from Miniature Quilts magazine. I mentioned before that I bought some lots on eBay of them, and I am sure glad I did. They are full of patterns for both pieced and foundation quilts (sometimes having both ways for each quilt), as well as tons of tips and inspiration for designing. I do have doubles of some issues and am planning on doing a giveaway, along with some fabric. Look for that during Sew Mama Sew's giveaway week.


Mini Wrenches

I found this one to be a bit of a challenge due to the small pieces. The instructions are very clear though, which made the experience a bit easier. Of course, my machine started acting up, but after some TLC and time away, I haven't had any issues since.


Mini Wrenches


I did a little FMQ on this piece. Not too much though because I wanted to the pieced blocks to shine on their own. I stitched in little flowers on the check print areas and called it good. I didn't think to take a close up photo of it, but I love the mitered borders on this one too. It's a design element I will use in the future. The backing is a flannel remnant.

Detail of Mini Wrenches




Back of Mini Wrenches

One thing I learned from this one is to pick prints that are tiny. Some of the charm squares I used had large images that were completely lost in the cutting and stitching. Next time.

I've been working on my Drunkard's Path quilt most of the day. My goal is to have the top done by tomorrow so I can actually make the linky deadline. It will be a first for me as I have yet to even finish the quilts for other QALs I have done. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

WOW, Katie!! You are powering along. I really, really like this design. The greens and the blues go so well together.

Toni said...

Great mini! Your fmq looks cool, too!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Love this mini and your fmq really finishes it off :)