For those of you who haven't hit this supposedly scary milestone, it's not scary at all. I have had a pretty good day so far. One downer is the rain that will eventually freeze, but it is better than snow. I had my last final for the semester this morning, looked at some art, met a friend for lunch, and did a little shopping for a project I'm going to work on later this month. Now I'm hanging out at home waiting for Chad to come home from work and doing a little embroidery.
My regular Wednesday post will show up tomorrow. It just wasn't a great day for taking photos of any kind. I have made progress despite the crazy hours I have been working. And because I don't have enough things I want to complete, I am adding a few new things. One will be revealed as I work on it, probably next week. The other is for the student art show this spring. The optional theme is in honor of Charles Darwin. There are cash awards available, with the potential Best in Show earning $200 if they also follow the theme. I figure why not make some pieces to submit based on the theme, if I'm inspired by it. I have his book On the Origin of Species, so I will be diving into that right away. Even if I don't come up with inspiration from it, I really need to submit work to the show anyway.
Whew. And to think I thought I might get to relax for the next month.
Awhile back I was awarded the Versatile Blogger award by Sana. She happens to have celebrated her birthday yesterday. Thank you, Sana!
I'm sure this one has floated around the community for awhile. One of the rules is to name blogs who you feel deserves the award as well. I'm not sure who hasn't had it or wants it, so if you are interested, let me know in the comment. I love all the blogs that I have been coming across and feel that so many in the community deserve this title.
Now for the full rules:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
So seven things about myself...
1. When I was a child I had a huge crush on Robin Hood from the Disney cartoon. So much that my best friend and I would play Robin Hood instead of house or doctor like other kids. He was Robin and I was Maid Marian, of course. I got the opportunity to meet him on a trip to Orlando and will let you see for yourself how happy this made me.
3. I have a degree in Human Resources that has been pretty worthless to me.
4. I love to travel and have a goal of visiting all seven continents before I die. It used to be by the time I was 30 but you know... So far, I have made it to North America (obviously), South America, and Europe.
5. I have been in love with the Taj Mahal since I saw a photograph of it as a child. Before I knew better, I thought I could buy it when I was an adult.
6. I love playing music and can play the piano, trumpet, cello, flute, guitar, and ukelele. I haven't made much time for making music lately though. That may have to change in 2012.
7. If it were legal, I would ride a horse everywhere instead of driving a car. I also would have chickens, cows, sheep, goats, and many more animals. I'm lucky to have found a man who wants the same thing.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for taking photographs. I have lots to share with you. Now to catch up with email and posts.