Monday, December 5, 2011

DPQAL Deadline Missed and Happy Mail Day

I completely underestimated how long it would take to finish my DP quilt top. I thought the trimming would go quickly, but it didn't. It wasn't a step I was going to skip either, so I will just stick with finishing this top by the end of the month.

Here are a couple of the blocks though. And I just noticed that I screwed up the top left and bottem left corners on the black one. Sigh.


DPQAL Blocks

I was bummed about not finishing in time for the linky party, but that was chased away once I got my mail. I bought a few things online on Black Friday and they finally got here. So did my charms from the Color Wheel Swap. Apparently mail from Salt Lake City takes a layover in eastern Wisconsin before coming to me in western Minnesota.


Color Wheel Charms Received

My pretty charms! I didn't sort them by color before taking this photo, but that is the next step so I can assess what I am going to do with them. After musing here about it, I still haven't decided on anything.


Black Friday Purchases

I picked up some more patterns from Colette.

Black Friday Purchases

And some things from Sunni's shop, A Fashionable Stitch. (Petersham ribbon, a belt kit, and a Sewaholic pattern.) Tasia is having a sew-a-long for the jacket in January and I may do it with her, or else use her posts as a guide in the spring. This jacket just won't cut it for winter.

I hope you're having a great Monday!

3 comments:

Toni said...

Trimming is definitely one of my least favorite parts of the process. Sorry that you didn't make the deadline, but your blocks look great! I got my charms Saturday and as soon as I took them out I couldn't wait to sort them. All your patterns look so fun! I really like the dress and jacket.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Great mail day! Your DP blocks look great, and those charms look like fun! LOVE getting fabric in the mail!

Diane-crewe said...

You have just made the blocks ,,,YOUR way! They look great x