Monday, December 5, 2011

DPQAL Deadline Missed and Happy Mail Day

I completely underestimated how long it would take to finish my DP quilt top. I thought the trimming would go quickly, but it didn't. It wasn't a step I was going to skip either, so I will just stick with finishing this top by the end of the month.

Here are a couple of the blocks though. And I just noticed that I screwed up the top left and bottem left corners on the black one. Sigh.


DPQAL Blocks

I was bummed about not finishing in time for the linky party, but that was chased away once I got my mail. I bought a few things online on Black Friday and they finally got here. So did my charms from the Color Wheel Swap. Apparently mail from Salt Lake City takes a layover in eastern Wisconsin before coming to me in western Minnesota.


Color Wheel Charms Received

My pretty charms! I didn't sort them by color before taking this photo, but that is the next step so I can assess what I am going to do with them. After musing here about it, I still haven't decided on anything.


Black Friday Purchases

I picked up some more patterns from Colette.

Black Friday Purchases

And some things from Sunni's shop, A Fashionable Stitch. (Petersham ribbon, a belt kit, and a Sewaholic pattern.) Tasia is having a sew-a-long for the jacket in January and I may do it with her, or else use her posts as a guide in the spring. This jacket just won't cut it for winter.

I hope you're having a great Monday!

3 comments:

Toni said...

Trimming is definitely one of my least favorite parts of the process. Sorry that you didn't make the deadline, but your blocks look great! I got my charms Saturday and as soon as I took them out I couldn't wait to sort them. All your patterns look so fun! I really like the dress and jacket.

Kelli said...

Great mail day! Your DP blocks look great, and those charms look like fun! LOVE getting fabric in the mail!

Diane-crewe said...

You have just made the blocks ,,,YOUR way! They look great x