Friday, December 23, 2011

"I Thought You Already Made One of Those"

The title is straight out of the mouth of Chad. His reaction to the cowl I finished crocheting the other night. The pattern is the Time Out Cowl from Lion Brand. I used a less bulky yarn for it and am so glad I did. I love the size of mine (it's long enough to wrap around my neck four time comfortably) and the drape of the wool yarn I picked out. If you go to the pattern page you can see their example of the cowl, which is a little stiff to me. I'm glad I gave this pattern a shot dispite not liking theirs. Same thing they say with clothes on the cover of a pattern, ya know.


Finished Cowl

While making this up, I felt so relaxed. The pattern is really simple and each row is a repeat of the one before. It was almost meditative and I used that time to channel any ideas that were floating around. I'm pretty excited to put some of those ideas to use.

I'm skipping my weekly check in on my end of the year list because this week has been odd. I really can't believe it's already Friday. I honestly don't know where my time went and needless to say, I really haven't finished anything else but this. I'm super close on finishing the Market Tote and will share it once it is done.


Finished Cowl

I came to the conclusion that I operate best on a schedule or routine. I've been lacking that this week because of my work schedule being a little different because of the holiday. Plus, I've been thinking of what I want to work on next year (saving this for another post) and researching some things that I am finding interesting. I've always been the type who reads anything to do with whatever catches my fancy and thanks to the internet, I can jump from source to source. After this weekend, I need to get back on to a schedule of some sort.

Plus, the weather remains extremely stellar for this time of year. We did get a dusting of snow last night which is now mostly melted. This weekend is forecasted to be in the 40's and maybe 50's again. This time last year, we already had a few feet of snow and were fighting blizzard after blizzard. This is a refreshing change.


Finished Cowl

I didn't mean to post so lightly this week and think I'm going to take this weekend off from the internet. That wasn't in my plans but I think many of you are feeling the same way. Chad and I are going to visit his parents on Sunday, and other than that, our plans are to watch football and just be at home.

Have a very Merry Christmas and see you Monday!

2 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

You can't have too many cowls - and this one is lovely! Merry Christmas :)

Toni said...

Beautiful cowl, Katie! Hope you and Chad have a very merry Christmas!