Friday, April 20, 2012

Sparkle Top: Finished!

Yes, this does deserve its own post, just for the fact of how long it has taken me. Not bragging, but instead kicking myself for it. The big reason I haven't finished this top is because I hate using a seam ripper. It's not that it takes so long, because in all reality, once I ripped out the stitches and sewed this together, it maybe took me an hour. I'm guessing because usually when I'm sewing, my dogs are bugging me to be let out or to play.

Sparkle Top Finished

I love the way it looks but Chad isn't fond of it. He thinks the design is too urban for the fabrics. But until I make up a different table topper with these fabrics, this one will be gracing our table. I'm hoping to get the quilting done this weekend and would love to finish the binding too.

Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday!

3 comments:

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Oh, I like it! I kind of think the sparkles look more like bullet holes with ripped edges in the case of your fabric choices:)

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I love it Katie! I like the design with the fabrics, the western prints look great.

Cindy Sharp said...

It looks great.

Just a thought, if you tea died it it would look a bit more rustic. Don't know that I would do it, as I like it this way, but it might look fantastic.