Sunday, March 17, 2013

Giving Paper Piecing a Second Thought

I'm about to eat my words today. When I posted my Sugar Block Club blocks, I mentioned how I didn't care for the paper piecing in the February block. My reasons? It was tedious, wasteful, and I didn't find that particular block challenging at all.

That was all before I stumbled upon the Forest QAL that is going on right now. I need another project like I need a hole in my head, but I just can't resist. And even the prospect of paper piecing isn't enough to change that.

Woodpecker {Forest QAL} (1) 
Image from Shape Moth.

I won't be starting it right away but am thinking I will start on them in April. Blocks are posted until June and then there is a link up of finished projects through August. These blocks should be challenging enough, and if I still don't care for paper piecing, then I don't have to continue.

What about you? Do you find yourself creating a quilt with an undesirable technique in order to get a desired outcome?

No comments: