Another thing that I let slide was the series on photography I have planned. I post back in October about it and then nothing. This wasn't intentional at all (in fact, it's a pet peeve of mine when a blogger stops posting a series without explaining). I just need to find my brainstorming page and work on the posts.
I also have spent some time with my sketchbook, madly putting down ideas. It's been some time since that has happened so I'm embracing it. I'm hoping that some of the ideas leap off the page into reality. As they do, I will share more.
So now onto my goals. One of the biggest things I learned about myself in 2012 is that I need specific goals that are able to be broken down into smaller chunks. With that spirit, I have put together this list.
1. Knit 100 skeins of yarn. That equates to about 2 a week which I think is doable. I have a tracking system in place that worked well for the test run in December.
2. Knit a sweater that fits and is flattering. I have one on the needles and have high hopes it will work.
3. Knit a pair of socks.
4. Knit a laceweight project.
5. Try fair isle and beading.
For all of my knitting technique goals, I have projects ready to go.
6. Dye fabrics and yarn. To come in either spring or summer. We don't have the space for me to do much of this indoors.
7. Continue working on art quilting pieces. Dispose of the fear I have over messing up on something and just dive in.
8. Sew an article of clothing I am really proud to wear.
9. Learn to weave on the loom I have and then graduate to a rigid heedle loom.
10. Spend 30 minutes three times a week on sketching or other non-fabric art.
I think that is good list for me this year. I need to stop putting so much pressure on myself and let things flow as time goes on. I will check in with this list periodically to update on my progress.
Do you have any goals for the new year?