Thursday, September 15, 2011

Western Minnesota Steam Thresher's Overview in Photos

Eek, where did the last week go? My intention was to have shared my photos from Labor Day already, but here I am just starting. I wasn't slacking off though (who can between school, work, boyfriend, dogs, and housework?), my best friend got married last Saturday, and I was asked to alter two dresses - one of them two days before. They were small alterations and went smoothly. There was also a small assignment for my ceramics class that involved making 50 cylinders on the pottery wheel in one day. Not by choice, but that's just how my schedule worked out for me.

Anyway, enough excuses. Today, I'm going to share my first installment of photographs. I should be back tomorrow with a quilt update on the projects I have lingering. I'm carving out a couple hours this afternoon to catch up on some sewing, including blocks for the KQAL. UPS is also supposed to be bringing me a package of fabric and a Kona color card. After checking out the color card with my Dead Simple quilt palette, I can order fabrics for that.

On to the photographs!

At the Western Minnesota Steam Thresher's Reunion there is a parade....


Parade at WMSTR


Parade at WMSTR



Parade at WMSTR



Parade at WMSTR


Parade at WMSTR


A steam powered train....


Steam train at WMSTR

A tractor pull...


Tractor pull at WMSTR



Tractor pull at WMSTR



Tractor pull at WMSTR
(Pull, Chad, pull!)

And of course, lots of wheat threshing...


Wheat threshing at WMSTR


Wheat threshing at WMSTR


Wheat threshing at WMSTR



Wheat threshing at WMSTR


Wheat threshing at WMSTR


That's a brief overview. Of course, there are many more activities and things to look at. I didn't take photos of any of the buildings or activities going on inside them. Next year. I will be back over the weekend with some inspiration photos that I took while there.

No comments: