Monday, April 1, 2013

To Do First: April

Seriously, how is it April already? On one hand, time is moving way too fast and on the other, I am happy to see March gone. It's my least favorite month and historically a difficult one for me.

Before getting to my lists, I have to admit my goal of fitting sewing in every day wasn't met. I started experiencing severe back pain a little over a week ago and with no cause or solution for it, kneeling on the floor to cut or lay out fabrics isn't in the cards. Hopefully this will pass and I can get back to working on all of my projects.

First, my March recap.

Knitting:

1. Joji Mystery - still haven't started.
2. The Sermon - didn't touch.
3. New Beginnings - didn't touch.
4. Cora - stuck on the damn sleeves.
5. Itasca - didn't touch.
6. Mystery Sock - didn't start.
7. Driftwood - didn't touch.
8. May Day Shawl - finished. Will post more about it in April.
9. Madison - finished. Another one I will post about in April.
10. Boo Knits Mystery - didn't touch.
11. Sourwood Mountain - didn't touch.
12. Olympic National Park - finished. Yet another post to come.
13. Canyonlands - started on Saturday and have the rest of the edging to finish.
14. Cowboy Cowl - didn't start.
15. Abalone - didn't start.
16. Age of Brass and Steam - didn't start.
17. 28's Big Sister 77 - didn't start.
18. Business Casual - didn't start.
19. Tank top test - I have started and have to finish by April 15th. I can't share any photos until after then either.
20. East Gable Shawl - started.

March Knitting FOs

Sewing:

1. Project Quilting - well, I skipped one challenge because I didn't feel it posed a challenge and didn't get back into the rest. The season is over so this will come off my list.
2. Row QAL - didn't start.
3. Handstitched mini - haven't touched.
4. Kaleidoscope back - didn't start.
5. Baste and quilt Drunkard's Path - didn't do. Will explain more in my FAL post.
6. Emerald Challenge - started but didn't finish in time for the challenge deadline. In other words, it still isn't done.
7. Sugar Block Club - caught up.
8. Weekender - didn't start.
9. Low Volume top - didn't start.
10. Dogwood Blossom - didn't start.
11. Honeycomb SAL - I changed my mind on fabrics and haven't started.
12. Road to Round Rock QAL - I've started but my back issues have stalled me.
13. Dog dish mat - didn't start.
14. Curved tree mini - didn't start.
15. Zig Zag top - didn't start.

Sugar Block Club: January-March

Embroidery:

1. Nesting Place - didn't touch.
2. Garden Tote - didn't touch.
3. Dessert of the Month - didn't start.
4. Gorey SAL - the SAL for this one is over so I'm taking it off. I do like the idea of stitching one of Gorey's illustrations so it may make its way back here.
5. White on White - didn't start.
6. Woodland Sampler - caught up.
7. Reindeer banner - didn't start.
8. Sampler from school - didn't touch.
9. Cloth from EEC class - didn't touch.

Woodland Sampler WIP

Now for April. I'm not adding too many new things as I'm really trying to finish up WIPs first.

Knitting:

1. Patina socks - the March club package from Tanis Fiber Arts
2. Juego - a MKAL on Ravelry.
3. Love Letters socks - another KAL on Ravelry.
4. Pooling Socks Challenge - hosted by Judy.
5. Second Quarter Challenge - for The Loopy Ewe. It hasn't been announced as of yet so I'm not sure what I will be knitting up.

Sewing:

1. Forest QAL - I posted about this earlier this month.
2. Quilted Block Holder - as seen here. I love the idea of having something pretty to rangle those rouge blocks.

Nothing new in the embroidery category.

What do you have on your to do list for April?

No comments: