Saturday, June 1, 2013

To Do First: June

I'm back! Now that my obsession that is Mad May is over, I want to spend more time in this space. Not only do I have lots of projects to blog about, I have even more planned for the future. To start off, I'm going to share my list for this month. June is going to be mostly about finishing up WIPs and to make this short, I will only list those projects that I'm going to concentrate on the most.

Knitting:

1. Language of Roses - Camp Loopy has started as of today and this going to be my first project. We are to make a single skein (lace or fingering weight) project that has to be at least 375 yards. The only catch is the yarn base has to be one you've never used. I'm knitting this with Madelinetosh Prairie in the Afternoon colorway. I've already completed the first chart and hope to make it through the second over the weekend.

Language of Roses WIP

2. Pull Me Over - a sweater I started in May. I didn't make much progress but this one should be a quick finish once I get back to it.

3. Love Letters - this is my first pair of socks. I have one done and have the cuff of the second done. Another one that should fly once I start it again.

4. Temptress - a laceweight shawl with beads that was a mystery KAL from earlier this year.

5. Sourwood Mountain - mitts that I started last year (!) and really want to crank out. This is on my FAL list for this quarter as well.

6. Ranrike - my oldest knit WIP and one that I would love to get off the books.

7. Gemini - another sweater, this one started in April. I'm almost to the sleeve split and I think this should be quick to finish as well.

8. Driftwood - a shawl from last year that is also on my FAL list.

9. Hitchhiker - another WIP from Mad May. This was my project for lunch breaks at work and may continue to be so.

Sewing:

1. Road to Round Rock quilt - my goal is to finish the top this month. It will be wonderful to get back to sewing this month.

2. Art quilt - this one has been in my sketchbook from the beginning of the year. I want to keep it under wraps until I start experimenting but will share my progress as I go along.

3. Handstitched mini - another FAL project.

4. Sugar Block Club - I'm behind on the monthly blocks but should be able to crank these out quickly.

5. Forest QAL - I really want to submit my intended project to the link up. Sewing one or two of these blocks a week should get me there.

6. Notebook cover - this involves turning a piece of embroidery into a sewn item.

Embroidery:

1. Woodland Sampler - I have April to finish as well as May and June to start.

2. Garden Tote - once I finish the embroidery this can move to the sewing list.

3. Nesting Place - an old WIP that deserves to be finished (also a FAL project).

4. Dessert of the Month - last's years monthly cross stitch from The Frosted Pumpkin that I haven't started yet.

I also need to organize my studio space this month and have some other art ideas that are screaming to become reality.

Tomorrow I will share a little bit about the craziness that was Mad May for me. See you then!

1 comment:

Cindy Sharp said...

You are going to be very busy if you get all of that done.