Sunday, August 25, 2013

Two Upcoming Projects

I do have more that two new projects planned to start soon, but want to share some yarn and a prepared background for some art.

I'm using this yarn to knit a Dreambird shawl. The yarn is from The Unique Sheep. I picked a base with some silk for the feathers and 100% wool for the background. I'm hoping this brings out the feathers from the background.

Yarn for Dreambird

Here's an example of this shawl. I've had this in my queue to knit since it came out, but it took me a long time to decide on colors.


There is a KAL going on for this pattern at Patchwork Times, if you are interested in joining in.

My other project is of the mixed media persuasion. I prepped a background intending to create a specific piece of art, but after I saw how the tissue paper went down, I changed my mind. I've been working on it and have a little more tweaking to do before I will share the finished piece. I've missed getting messy in this way and will be spending more time making art.

Background

Short and sweet today. I did take some photos of a quilt top I finished back in December and will be sharing that this week. Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

Diane-crewe said...

oh my goodness.. that looks stunning .. and complicated!! good luck xx